This post is written specially for customers who engage our Aircon services for the first time so that they will know what to expect when engaging an Aircon servicing contractor. If this is the first time you are engaging a Aircon servicing or repair services, this post will be very useful to you.
The correct way to maintain your Aircon
The correct way to maintain your Aircon is regular servicing (every 3 to 6 months), in another word, general cleaning. This will help to prevent choking of the pipe and maintain efficiency of the aircon indoor unit. Every 12 months to 18 months, chemical servicing is recommended for the indoor unit to give a thorough cleaning so that parts or area where normal servicing cannot access can be cleaned once and for all.
Customers’ usual problems
- Water leaking from the Aircon indoor unit
- Aircon indoor unit is not blowing cold air or blowing weak air
- Aircon indoor unit is not functioning properly, for example cannot switched on or intermediate stopping etc
Customers’ usual assumptions and clarification
For most customers, they assume that normal standard servicing of Aircon indoor unit can solve all Aircon problems. However, this is unfortunately not true.
Normal standard Aircon servicing is generally for maintenance purposes. Its just like a car that requires regular changing of engine oil. Regular normal servicing prevent the fan coil from getting too dirty, reduce the chance of bigger problem, increase lifespan of the fan coil and maintain efficiency of the Aircon indoor unit. However, normal standard servicing cannot thoroughly clean the fan coil of the Aircon indoor unit. Only overhaul chemical wash (full dismantle) is able to do a complete job.
For heavy users (example 10 hours of continual usage daily) or in environment where the air is not clean (example cooking or smoking with the Aircon switched on), the fan coil will get dirty really quickly. In this case, chemical wash is required. Normal standard servicing is unable to clean the fan coil.
When there are problems which even chemical wash is unable to solve, your Aircon indoor unit might requires part replacement. Test will need to be carried out to check the components that cause the problem.
What should customer do and take note of
- Before the start of work, you should inform the service technician if you are facing any problems with your Aircon: for example water leaking from Aircon indoor unit. This will help the service technician to speed up the checking process and focus on solving the problem.
- Alway clarify and confirm the servicing cost with the service technician before the commencement of work. This is to prevent unnecessary misunderstanding. Understanding the cost before commencement of work is the most important criterial in creating a pleasant Aircon servicing experience for yourself.
- When in doubt or clarification is needed, feel free to contact the head office directly or you can ask the technician to make the call. Decision can be made on the spot with the Manager in charge.
- Feel free to ask the service technician the reasons and how the service is carried out. This will help you to understand what and why are the works carried out.
SPECIALIST IN AIRCON SERVICING AND REPAIR SERVICES
Contact Us for Reliable Aircon Servicing & Peace Of Mind
No Gimmick | Clear Pricing | Quality Aircon Services
Book Your Appointment Today!
You can WhatsApp us directly at 9793 3448 Or you can fill in your information below and we will contact you shortly.